Monday, July 13, 2009

Yogurt "cooking" in a thermos on the counter...

if this works, tastes good, and is really so simple -- well, I'm just gonna kick myself for having waited so long to try it. *Smacking forehead* It's ridiculously easy.

And considering that I added it up and discovered that we go through about $14 worth of yogurt cups every two weeks, and that's when they're on SALE... well, my grocery bill might enjoy the benefits as well as our bellies!

Next up for today - decluttering the boy's bedroom and playroom closets.
Next cooking project - granola. Also feeding the freezer some baked goods.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh you will love granola! What type of yogurt did you try? I tried the yogurt culture for the counter and it was way too runny for me. I'm going to go back to the crockpot method and try either gelatin or a trick one of my friends told me on how to thicken it a little bit.

Are you taking before and after pics of your decluttering progress? :)

Shanna said...

I just added regular plain yogurt to the heated milk. It looked pretty thick coming out of the thermos, and the instructions said it will thicken as it cools in the fridge. I guess it will also be thicker the longer you leave it sitting warm, but also get more tangy!

I'll definitely take *after* pics as I make my way through the house decluttering! =P